5 Things to Consider When Selecting a Company to Install Your Solar Power System
Along with making you feel good, “going green” by installing solar systems in your home has many benefits, from tax rebates to lower electric bills to a cleaner environment. Solar systems are exponentially becoming more popular as the years go on and more people around the world understand these benefits. However, choosing what company to select to install a solar power system isn’t always as clear. Hire us as we are the leading service provider for Solar installation in Bakersfield, CA and surrounding areas.
The solar power system is one of the best solutions that we have to reduce the carbon footprint on the planet. A solar power system can generate energy for more than 20 years after installation. There are several solar companies in Central California that can install these systems.
Here are 5 things to consider when selecting a solar company.
- Experience: Experience is one of the most important markers of a good solar installation company. A solar company that has operated for decades are usually more reliable.
Take time to learn about the experience that these firms have in this field. A firm that is in this business for a very long time knows how to solve various problems you might encounter during the installation.
- Longevity: Where experience is looking backward, longevity is looking forwards. It’s important to pick a company that will be around for the long haul.
Is the company stable? Are the company’s local business divisions and services diversified? If it’s a large solar company, how are its stocks doing? You may not want to get a power system that will last more than 20 years installed by a company that may only last another five years.
- Expertise: The next thing that matters is the expertise of the company’s staff. Learning about the staff’s backgrounds, qualifications, and experience gives you insight into the types of services they can provide.
Also, ask the company about the person they are planning to deploy for your project and get to know their expertise. You wouldn’t necessarily want a ground-based installation expert who has no experience in roof-based panels to install on your roof.
- Terms: It is vital for you to meet the team in person to learn about the number of days they will take to complete a project and any rules and regulations they have to follow. Ask them to share with you their terms and conditions and don’t allow them to do any work until you’ve made your decision and you come to an agreement.
- Pricing: Never proceed to use a company unless you’ve compared the costs with their competitors—it’s the best way to ensure you’re getting a reasonable price for your solar power system. However, pricing, alone, isn’t everything. It’s important to look at the entire value the company brings. Your new solar system will be saving you money for at least the next 20-30 years, so selecting an inferior company to save a little money upfront won’t pay off in the long run. Get the most affordable Solar repair service in Bakersfield, CA.