5 Energy Saving Tips for Summer
Central Valley residents routinely see some of the hottest temperatures during the summer, ranging from 100- 110 degrees. With those temperatures in mind, the energy bills get even higher. With rates already increasing once or twice per year, here are some energy-saving things you can do to reduce your energy usage and bill this year.Keep your AC unit fully working and efficient, get the best services forAC Repair in Bakersfield, CA.
- Air seal your home. Any kind of gaps or leaks can cause cool air to leave your home instead of cooling it down! Adding insulation can save you up to 10% on home heating and cooling costs.
- Keep up with regular AC maintenance by replacing all air filters in your home, dirty filters make your system work harder and run longer than necessary. Bland offers an Energy Savings Program where we’ll check that everything is operating as it should. We also evaluate your HVAC system to see if anything can be done to improve its energy efficiency. Hire the most reliable and professional services for Air Conditioner Installation in Atascadero, CA and keep yourself cool.
- Set your thermostat to 78 degrees Fahrenheit in the summer—every degree of extra cooling will increase energy usage by about 8%. Remember, setting your thermostat to a lower temperature than normal will not cool your home faster.
- Refrigerators and freezers operate most efficiently when full, so keep your refrigerator and freezer as full as possible, but without overfilling them so that air can still flow and save you energy.
- Using dishwashers and clothes washers/dryers at night will keep the house cooler, reduce strain on the power grid, and save by not using them during the peak usage hours of 4 p.m. and 6 p.m.
Bland Company Energy Solutions
We recommend looking into the Energy Savings Program for your needs. Less hassle for you as a homeowner means that you can enjoy your summer more, and worry less about your energy bills. If you want to keep up with more tips for all things energy and solar be sure to follow us on Facebook or Instagram!